The aims of Life and Society (S1-3) are:
- to develop in students a positive self understanding, enhance competence to meet daily and future challenges, and pursue their goals and aspirations;
- to enable students to make decisions for the optimal use of personal and community resources;
- to develop students to become informed and responsible citizens to contribute to the development of a caring and just society; and
- to cultivate in students sensitivity, interests and concern for local, national and global issues.
- to understand and accept oneself and to live a healthy life;
- to develop effective communication skills with peers, family and others insociety, and realise ways to build and maintain positive interpersonal 10
- to develop an ability to make informed and responsible decisions regarding personal issues and practical short term and long term plans for the achievement of personal goals;
- to understand basic features of the political systems at local, national and global dimensions;
- to understand, appreciate, respect and reflect on the values and attitudes that underpin the local society, including rights and responsibilities, freedom, rule of law, social justice, democracy, equal opportunities, tolerance, plurality, clean,honesty and integrity, upright, compassion and mutuality; and
- to develop an attitude of open-mindedness and respect for all peoples, including their cultures, values and ways of life.